Malibu Chronicle Features Gina’s Bittersweet Farm Chicken
As a celebrity chef, many of my clients are very health conscious. They understand that they have only one body and they have to take care of it. Being a native Californian, I am so lucky to have the best and healthiest products at my disposal, and as a chef, it is all about farm to table. I truly enjoy food in its simplest form, and I like my food to be the healthiest, freshest, and simplest as possible. I love to see my clients enjoying it more and more every day.
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 lbs. chicken (cut into pieces)
- 8 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup orange-flavored liqueur
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons orange zest
- 1 tablespoon soya sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In
plasticbag, combine flour, salt, and pepper.
- Add chicken and coat completely with flour.
- Melt 4 tablespoons of butter.
- Roll chicken in butter, making sure to coat all sides.
- Place chicken, skin side down, in
- Bake for 30 minutes.
saucepan, melt remaining 4 tablespoons of butter.
- Stir in lemon juice, liqueur, honey, orange zest, and soya sauce.
- Turn chicken pieces over.
- Pour honey mixture over chicken.
- Continue baking an additional 30 minutes or until chicken is glazed and tender.
Makes 4 servings.
Source: Malibu Chronicle June-July 2016